We are seeking to fill these positions in both Charlotte and Denver.
The AV Install Technician works in collaboration with the Project Manager and Lead Technician to interpret each system’s scope and drawings as a part of the Installation Team to ensure a successful installation of each assigned project. The AV Install Technician must perform their job with little direct supervision and will be accountable for all physical elements of each Project assigned.
- Participates in the installation of all AV system cabling and devices.
- Participates in testing of system components to assure system completeness and operation.
- Turns in daily activity sheets.
- Responsible for the security and transportation of all equipment and hardware.
- Ensure all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards, and conventions.
- Assure each system’s physical completeness is in accordance with installation drawings.
- The AV Install Technician is responsible for maintaining equipment inventory, hardware, and tools.
- Maintain proper safety practices.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- One or more years working experience in the A/V field in an installation or field-engineering capacity.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and basic networking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Webex, Zoom, and other conferencing platforms.
- Experience in the use and configuration of AV equipment including the following systems and manufacturers; (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Audio DSP configuration experience (Biamp, BSS/Crown, QSYS)
- Digital video switching, routing, distribution, and displays (Crestron, Extron, NEC, Samsung, Sharp)
- Experience in IP network systems as related to audio visual equipment.
- Ability to train and mentor customers on operational procedures of technical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, drawings, and Gant Charts
- OSHA10 Certification preferred (OSHA30 a plus)
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Mostly working at customer worksites and/or active construction sites.
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time exceeding 60-minutes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Overnight travel as needed
- Base Salary $25-$30
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance