AV Systems Engineer: Summary
As an AV Systems Engineer at our St. Louis headquarters, you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting our sales and operations teams with your expertise in Audio Visual (AV) system design, programming, and commissioning. By leveraging your deep understanding of low-voltage AV systems, you’ll craft tailored technical solutions to meet our customers’ needs while ensuring seamless system commissioning and operation. Strong communication skills are essential, as you’ll collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide sales staff with concept design support on AV systems.
- Provide operational technical support on AV systems with an emphasis on control system installation, programming and commissioning.
- Provide details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible systems design, and propose products for suitability and reliability for use on projects.
- Promote a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Two-year electronics degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Three or more years working experience in the AV field in a design and engineering capacity.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as Microsoft Office Excel, Visio, AutoCad, Revit, Outlook and basic networking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Webex, Zoom, and other conferencing platforms.
- Experience in the use, programming, & commissioning of AV equipment including the following systems and manufacturers;
- Control system programming experience (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Audio DSP programming/commissioning experience (Biamp, BSS/Crown, Symetrix, Bose)
- Digital video switching, routing, distribution, and display(Crestron, Extron, NEC, Samsung, Sharp)
- Experience with Audio-Visual Project Estimating Tools such as D-Tools.
- Experience in IP network systems as related to audio visual equipment.
- Ability to train and mentor customers on operational procedures of technical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications and drawings.
- Office and construction site environments
- Overnight travel as needed <10%
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. With offices in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Denver, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/