Director of Operations:
Summary - (St. Louis, MO)
This position will lead and coordinate the operations aspects of TSI, including the project management team, the service department, field operations, warehouse operations, and all other aspects of project delivery for TSI. This includes providing leadership and direction on the processes and procedures for project scheduling, cost control, labor management, material procurement, quality control, jobsite safety and customer satisfaction. The objective is to ensure TSI’s operational success with regards to profitability, effective project flow within TSI’s organization and customer satisfaction.
- Work with the TSI executive leadership team for operations processes and procedures evaluation, including workflow analysis and development.
- Daily communication with operational management leaders regarding any issues affecting costs, schedule, customer satisfaction, change orders and quality control.
- Daily communication with the labor coordinator regarding labor, safety and/or tools.
- Daily communication with the Warehouse Manager in regards to material staging and delivery, fleet vehicle operations, and inventory tracking.
- Work with the project management team to ensure resources are in place for successful project delivery.
- Recruit and recommend for hire operational staff as needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes/policies for the operations departments.
- Develop and provide operational training coursework and lead training sessions as applicable.
- Manage and update the TSI Safety Policies and Procedures on a regular basis and provide update training on a regular basis for all TSI employees.
- Provide departmental reports as required by TSI leadership.
- Develop, track and analyze operations department budgets
- Supervise operation department employees for compliance with company employee handbook and TSI policies and procedures.
- Manage day to day needs of operations staff including praise, motivation and discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stay current with project management responsibilities and technical aspects of TSI product offerings through review of literature, attendance of training classes and other opportunities presented by TSI. These system types currently include: audio-visual systems, structured cabling systems, fiber-optic and outside plant cabling systems, security, fire alarm, intercom and paging, voice and data networks.
- Attend all company scheduled meetings that pertain to this job description.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years experience as a department manager or project manager in a construction specialty contractor or audio-visual systems integration company.
- A combination of a 4-year college degree (or equivalent technical certification/field experience) and professional technical project management experience is required.
- Computer software skills required to effectively manage paperwork required, including:
- Project estimates in D-Tools, Accubid, MS Excel or other software program used by Company.
- Project schedules in MS Project or other software program used by Company.
- Project proposals, change orders and other correspondence.
- Understanding of job cost procedures and reports.
- Skills to manage manpower and subcontractor personnel are required.
- Safety first attitude.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process construction documents, including:
- Project specifications.
- Project drawings.
- Subcontractor agreements.
- Customer procedure policies and jobsite specific requirements.
- Safety manual requirements such as those published by OSHA.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process financial documents, including:
- Project estimates documenting costs, mark-up, and profit margin.
- Material purchase orders.
- Project job costs reports from accounting system.
- AIA Billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, and drawings.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Construction-site visits will be required, including sites that are not ADA compliant due to the nature of construction.
- Travel to client work-site will be required on an as-needed basis.
- Limited out-of-town travel may be required (less than 15% of working hours)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance