UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
Manager of Project Management: Summary
Seeking a dynamic leader to champion our St. Louis team of Project Managers and ensure the seamless execution of our audiovisual, low-voltage cabling, security, and electrical projects. Ideal candidates possess the knowledge and experience necessary to orchestrate project scheduling, cost control, labor management, and material procurement. Moreover, success in this position involves equipping the Project Management team with the tools, training, and industry best practices that empower teammates to deliver top-notch solutions that are profitable and leave the customer satisfied beyond their expectations.
- Provide consistent leadership, structure, and motivation to the PM staff to promote a work environment that rewards positive results.
- Monitor PM workloads and assign incoming projects based on a systematic and structured approach to ensure project success.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes and policies for the Project Management department.
- Provide training for Project Managers on TSI policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day needs of Project Management staff including praise, motivation, and discipline.
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure PMs are current with billing and project tracking.
- Regular communications with the Director of Operations with updates pertinent to maintaining normal operations.
- Maintain daily communication with Sales and Management Teams regarding any issues affecting costs, schedule, customer satisfaction, change orders, and quality control.
- Perform annual reviews of Project Management staff assessing performance and developing performance improvement goals.
- Stay current with PM responsibilities and technical aspects of TSI product offerings through review of literature, attendance of training classes, and other opportunities presented by TSI. These system types currently include Audiovisual, Security, Fire Alarm, Structured Cabling along with Voice & Data systems.
- Attend all company scheduled meetings that pertain to this job description.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- A combination of a 4-year college degree (or equivalent technical certification/field experience) and professional technical Project Management experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience successfully managing a staff of technical personnel.
- Computer software skills required to effectively manage paperwork required, including:
- Project estimates in MS Excel or other software programs used by the Company.
- Project schedules in MS Project or other software programs used by the Company.
- Project proposals, change orders, and other correspondence.
- Understanding of job cost procedures and reports.
- Skills to manage manpower and subcontractor personnel are required.
- Safety first attitude.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process construction documents, including:
- Project specifications.
- Project drawings.
- Subcontractor agreements.
- Customer procedure policies and job site-specific requirements.
- Safety manual requirements such as those published by OSHA.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process financial documents, including:
- Project estimates documenting costs, markup, and profit margin.
- Material purchase orders.
- Project job costs reports from the accounting system.
- AIA Billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable, and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, and drawings.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Construction-site visits will be required, including sites that are not ADA-compliant due to the nature of construction.
- Travel to the client’s worksite will be required on an as-needed basis.
- Limited out-of-town travel may be required (less than 10% of working hours)
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. With offices in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Denver, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/