St. Louis, MO
We are hiring a Project Manager at our audiovisual and low-voltage systems design/build firm. At TSI, you’ll expertly plan, organize, direct, and oversee project activities. Your key responsibilities will encompass project scheduling, cost control, labor management, material procurement, and quality control, all while prioritizing job site safety and customer satisfaction. Your mission is to guarantee project success by fostering profitability, streamlining workflow within the organization, and exceeding client expectations. Embrace this opportunity to lead innovative projects and create a lasting impact
- Daily communication with Sales and Management Teams regarding any issues affecting costs, schedule, customer satisfaction, change orders and quality control.
- Daily communication with the labor coordinator regarding labor, safety and/or tools.
- Daily communication with the Foreman and/or Project Engineer(s) regarding all project aspects.
- Review projects with salesperson, identify critical success factors & risks
- Coordinate with sales, labor, materials, engineering & foreman for job requirements
- Define bill of materials, coordinate material delivery & shipping
- Schedule major tools with labor coordinator
- Ensure permit application filed with appropriate jurisdiction
- Verify understanding & completion of installation drawings
- Review project schedule & visit site with customer, salesperson & foreman
- Manage project costs: material, labor, subcontractors, fees
- Provide monthly billing & cost projections to admin
- Regular jobsite visits, attend meetings, walk-throughs with supervisor
- Identify & process change orders
- Monitor material deliveries, verify packing slips
- Document project schedule progress
- Coordinate inspections, meet with inspector if needed
- Ensure installation meets customer requirements
- Create & verify punch-list completion
- Receive test equipment & reports
- Produce accurate ‘as-built’ drawings
- Create Owner’s Manual: materials, maintenance, contact info, product data
- Prepare service file documents, handover to service dept.
- Coordinate close-out meeting, review punch list, Owner’s Manual, finalize payment
- Schedule post-job meeting, discuss lessons learned, installation details
- Perform other assigned duties
- Stay current with PM responsibilities and technical aspects of TSI product offerings through review of literature, attendance of training classes and other opportunities presented by TSI. These system types currently include Electrical, structured cabling systems, outside plant cabling systems, security, audio/visual, fire alarm, intercom and paging, voice, and data networks.
- Attend all company scheduled meetings that pertain to this job description.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A combination of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent technical certification/field experience) and professional technical project management experience is required.
- Computer software skills required to effectively manage paperwork required, including:
- Project estimates and schedules in MS Excel or other software program used by Company.
- Project proposals, change orders and other correspondence.
- Understanding of job cost procedures and reports.
- Skills to manage manpower and subcontractor personnel are required.
- Safety first attitude.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process construction documents, including:
- Project specifications.
- Project drawings.
- Subcontractor agreements.
- Customer procedure policies and job site specific requirements.
- Safety manual requirements such as those published by OSHA.
- Knowledge required to review, understand, and process financial documents, including:
- Project estimates documenting costs, markup, and profit margin.
- Material purchase orders.
- Project job costs reports from accounting system.
- AIA Billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, and drawings.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Construction-site visits will be required, including sites that are not ADA-compliant due to the nature of construction.
- Travel to client worksite will be required on an as-needed basis.
- Limited out-of-town travel may be required (less than 15% of working hours)
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. With offices in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Denver, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/