UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
Sr. Technical Project Manager: Summary
(St. Louis, MO)
This position plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities. This includes project scheduling, cost control, labor management, material procurement, quality control, jobsite safety and customer satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the project’s success with regards to profitability, effective project flow within TSI organization and customer satisfaction.
- Daily communication with Sales and Management Teams regarding any issues affecting costs, schedule, customer satisfaction, change orders and quality control.
- Daily communication with the labor coordinator regarding labor, safety and/or tools.
- Daily communication with the Foreman and/or Project Engineer(s) regarding all project aspects.
- Project Start-up Requirements
- Receive the project folder from the Operations Manager and review with sales person. Identify and document project critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Meet with the salesman, labor coordinator, materials manager, project Engineer(s) and foreman to discuss the job requirements.
- Define bill of materials and forward material requirements to materials manager and purchasing department with accurate delivery dates and shipping addresses.
- Review major tool requirement and make sure labor coordinator has the list and has scheduled tools for delivery.
- Ensure that permit application has been filed with the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Verify with engineering department that all required installation drawings are understood and schedule to be completed as required.
- Review project schedule and visit site with the customer, salesman and project foreman.
- Installation Requirements
- Control all project costs, including: material, labor, subcontractors and other fees involved.
- Provide monthly project billing requirements to administration.
- Provide monthly project cost ‘projections’ documenting work done to date, work to be completed and percent complete of actual work completed vs. previous estimated costs to complete.
- Make regular jobsite visits, attend construction meetings and walk-thru the job with the foreman.
- Identify and process project change orders.
- Monitor material deliveries and verify packing slips are correct with actual material delivered.
- Document project schedule progress.
- Coordinate required inspection requests and meet with the inspector if required.
- Ensure that the installation meets all customer requirements.
- Project Closeout Requirements
- Create project punch-list and verify successful completion of its contents.
- Receive test equipment, document and save test reports.
- Receive jobsite drawings from the foreman and create, or use engineering department to create, accurate ‘as-built’ drawings.
- Create Owner’s Operation and Maintenance Manual to include: list of material installed, service and maintenance procedures, service contact information at TSI, as-built drawings, and product data sheets, etc. and review with foreman and sales person.
- Create service file documents and turnover to service department.
- Coordinate project close-out meeting with Customer, sales person and PM and review punch list completion, Owner’s Manual and receive final project invoice payment.
- Schedule post-job meeting to discuss lessons learned and to go over installation details such as, amount of time required for install, material quality and vendor quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stay current with PM responsibilities and technical aspects of TSI product offerings through review of literature, attendance of training classes and other opportunities presented by TSI. These system types currently include: Electrical, structured cabling systems, outside plant cabling systems, security, audio/visual, fire alarm, intercom and paging, voice and data networks.
- Attend all company scheduled meetings that pertain to this job description.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A combination of a 4-year college degree (or equivalent technical certification/field experience) and professional technical project management experience is required.
- Computer software skills required to effectively manage paperwork required, including:
- Project estimates in MS Excel or other software program used by Company.
- Project schedules in MS Project or other software program used by Company.
- Project proposals, change orders and other correspondence.
- Understanding of job cost procedures and reports.
- Skills to manage manpower and subcontractor personnel are required.
- Safety first attitude.
- Knowledge required to review, understand and process construction documents, including:
- Project specifications.
- Project drawings.
- Subcontractor agreements.
- Customer procedure policies and jobsite specific requirements.
- Safety manual requirements such as those published by OSHA.
- Knowledge required to review, understand and process financial documents, including:
- Project estimates documenting costs, mark-up and profit margin.
- Material purchase orders.
- Project job costs reports from accounting system.
- AIA Billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications and drawings.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Construction-site visits will be required, including sites that are not ADA compliant due to the nature of construction.
- Travel to client work-site will be required on an as-needed basis.
- Limited out-of-town travel may be required (less than 15% of working hours)
- Full-Time (8hr shift) – Monday through Friday
- $65,000-$80,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Project management: 4+ years