St. Louis, MO
We are seeking a utility locating and concrete scanning technician to join our St. Louis team! As a member of our locating team, you’ll use advanced technologies like Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) to identify and map underground utilities and structures. Your expertise ensures construction safety, prevents infrastructure damage, and minimizes delays, contributing to the success of projects across various industries.
- Private Utility Locators are required to use the tools and documentation provided to identify, locate, and mark all utilities on the customer’s designated property site.
- Private Utility locating involves marking all service and underground facilities regardless of ownership type including, but not limited to, electric, telecom, fiber, water, sewer, chemical transportation, empty or abandon conduits, or any other designated utilities provided by scope.
- Verify and double-check the accuracy of the locates by others.
- Perform Dig-up Risk Based Audits of the area included in the scope of work.
- Promote a team environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Utility Locating Technical Certification, or two-year technical trade school certification, or High School Diploma with an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Two or more years working experience in the field as a Utility Locator Technician.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook 365, Adobe PDF reader.
- Experience reading and understanding CAD, GIS, and Microstation files.
- Experience in the operation of the utility locating equipment as well as a laptop computer and mobile phone with a digital camera.
- Experience in GPR locating.
- Understanding of the local and state utility operating procedures and “on-call” laws.
- OSHA 10 Training or Certification.
- Must possess a valid state-issue Driver’s License (Missouri or Illinois).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Mostly working in the outside operating area conducting private and contracted locates outdoors.
- Ability to work in a solitary and team-based environment.
- Ability to walk all types of terrain (grass, rock/gravel, ditches, wooded areas, undeveloped construction sites, and other outside work area environments as needed).
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions including rain, snow, cold, and heat, while following established company safety guidelines.
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Company Vehicle provided.
- Some evening and overnight on-call work shifts are required.
- All work within St. Louis Metro Area, no out-of-town travel required.
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. With offices in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Denver, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/