warehouse Manager: Summary
(St. Louis, MO)
Responsible for managing the processes involved in running the day-to-day operations of a warehouse including receiving and organizing warehouse space, scheduling labor, managing inventory, and fulfilling orders. Supervising the programs for acquisition, assignment, utilization, maintenance and replacement of fleet vehicles, tools, and test equipment.
- Communicate daily with project manager and/or job foremen on material requests.
- Ensure all material is delivered in a timely manner.
- Enter all purchase orders, packing slips, and invoices into computer accounting system.
- Verify that the packing slips match purchase order and that all material has been received.
- Enter receipts into computer accounting system.
- Enter invoices into computer accounting system and verify that all invoice pricing matches the purchase order.
- Issue material and tools to field employees.
- Verify and stage all materials received in the warehouse.
- Enter all UPS shipments online.
- Company fleet management including, but not limited to licensing and insurance requirements, maintenance, and repairs. Issuance of gas and maintenance cards. Review and maintain fuel and maintenance database reports.
- Tool management including, but not limited to purchasing, I.D. marking new tools, warehouse storage of tools, fix broken tools, issuance and tracking in database reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Help issue material or tools in the warehouse.
- Conduct an annual tool inventory / vehicle inspection.
- Interface with manufacture and sales representatives regarding new products.
- Attend all company scheduled meetings that pertain to this job.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to learn and use applications as needed.
- Work requires 1 to 3 years experience in this field or related area.
- Duties require a willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Must be able to climb ladder and be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
It will be a requirement for this position to be a part of the IBEW union as a Material Handler. All benefits will be through the IBEW union.
Not affiliated with the Union yet? Feel free to contact us and we will help connect you with the right people at the hall to get started.