AV Solutions Designer Summary:
We are actively recruiting our next AV Solutions Designer to join our Technical Solutions team in St. Louis, MO.
As an AV Solutions Designer at TSI, you’ll be taking charge of medium and large projects by working closely with our AV Systems Engineers to deliver top-notch pre/post sales support for the audiovisual systems, designing, programming, and commissioning. Your communication skills will come in handy as you engage with both our internal team and external customers, ensuring our finished projects meet or exceed their expectations.
We’re all about creating innovative AV solutions that enhance experiences and make a real difference. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and let’s embark on this audiovisual journey together!
- Design and design support on AV systems
- Perform needs analysis with customers to determine solution to suit their needs
- Educate customers on current best practices and technology solutions that are appropriate for their needs
- Develop technical guidelines for the customer and work with the rest of the Engineering team to implement standards
- Interpret consultant-designed RFPs, specifications, and drawings to develop equipment and labor estimates
- Provide operational technical support on AV systems including system commissioning and post-installation service support as necessary
- Provide details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Create and review details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible systems design and propose suitable and reliable products for use on projects
- Promote a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- 3-5 years AV experience
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting AV projects spanning wide areas for large enterprises
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, and drawings
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a customer relationship and standards and guide others in maintaining that relationship
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to learn and work within team-established design guides and best practices and apply them to new situations not otherwise addressed by the guidelines
- Thorough understanding for designing all aspects of an integrated AV system
- Ability to identify a problem and systematically work through a system for troubleshooting
- Expertise in designing task specific IP networks and ability to work in owner-furnished and maintained IP networks
- Ability to train and mentor coworkers and customers on technologies and operational procedures of technical equipment
Expertise in multiple of the following and a solid understanding of the areas for which you are not an expert:
- Crestron Control Systems
- Crestron DigitalMedia Systems
- IP Audio & Video Distribution Methods such as NVX or AMX/SVSI
- QSYS, Biamp, and Shure audio DSP
- Cisco Webex Room Systems
- Microsoft Teams & Zoom Systems
- Shure Microflex Advanced
- Microsoft 365 products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Office and construction site environments
- Overnight travel as needed
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. With offices in St. Louis, Charlotte, and Denver, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/