STANDBY HOME GENERATOR- ST. LOUIS, MO
Should I Install A Standby Generator?
There are a few reasons why you may find a need for a standby generator in your St. Louis home. The first is we have some pretty severe thunderstorms and ice storms that can leave an area without power for a couple days or longer. Having a standby generator will make sure that you are not without lights, heat/AC, and refrigeration during that time. Another more important reason may be that your family need be 100% confident there is always going to be working electricity in your home to power medical equipment meant for keeping family member(s) healthy. If even for a moment this equipment stops working, lives could be endangered. Understanding why you need a permanent standby generator will help decide what kind of generator will be best for you.
What To Know Before Buying A Standby Generator
- Decide what elements in your home you want to be backed up. (medical equipment, refrigerator, furnace, etc.)
- Smaller portable generators typically have a pull cord to start them. If this is too difficult physically, then you may want to buy one with an electric start.
- Whole house generators run on natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas. Take into consideration what your unit will run off of before buying.
- Do you want there to be an automatic switch, or do you want to manually switch it over yourself?
- Installation of whole house generators require a significant amount of space, on a concrete slab, near the electrical service box for the house.
Buying a generator for your home can add a degree of comfort to you and your family. Thankfully, you have licensed St. Louis electricians ready to help you through it every step of the way. Just give us a call at (636)-425-1300 or email.