AV Systems Engineer: Summary
Responsible for providing pre and post-sales support to sales and operations staff on Audio Visual (AV) systems, design, programming and commissioning. Provide a comprehensive knowledge of AV low voltage systems so as to develop technical solutions and conceptual engineering design specifications that meet customer requirements. Will effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Provide sales staff with concept design support on AV systems.
- Provide operational technical support on AV systems with an emphasis on control system installation, programming and commissioning.
- Provide details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible systems design, and propose products for suitability and reliability for use on projects.
- Promote a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Two-year electronics degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Three or more years working experience in the AV field in a design and engineering capacity.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as Microsoft Office Excel, Visio, AutoCad, Revit, Outlook and basic networking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Webex, Zoom, and other conferencing platforms.
- Experience in the use, programming, & commissioning of AV equipment including the following systems and manufacturers;
- Control system programming experience (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Audio DSP programming/commissioning experience (Biamp, BSS/Crown, Symetrix, Bose)
- Digital video switching, routing, distribution, and display(Crestron, Extron, NEC, Samsung, Sharp)
- Experience with Audio-Visual Project Estimating Tools such as D-Tools.
- Experience in IP network systems as related to audio visual equipment.
- Ability to train and mentor customers on operational procedures of technical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications and drawings.
- Office and construction site environments
- Overnight travel as needed <10%
Ready to Apply?
About TSI Global Companies:
TSI Global Companies is a forward-thinking design and build technology integrator that has been creating people-centric solutions for organizations since 1987. Located in St. Charles, Missouri, TSI provides custom-built audio-visual systems, infrastructure cabling, electric and security systems designed to increase efficiency and profitability for a variety of organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, sports venues, healthcare, hospitality, education, government, performing arts and house of worship establishments. TSI collaboratively solves clients’ challenges with cutting-edge technology, delivered with trust and integrity. For more information, visit https://www.tsi-global.com/