UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
Lead audiovisual systems technician:
The lead installer works in collaboration with the project manager and the design engineer to interpret each system’s scope and drawings. He or she will lead the installation team through a successful installation, test, and close-out of each assigned project. The lead installer must perform their job with little direct supervision and will be accountable for all physical elements of each project assigned.
- Participates and directs installation of completed racks, projectors, monitors and related submounts.
- Participates in testing of system components to assure system completeness and operation.
- Turns in daily activity sheets for themselves, and ensures the installers assigned to the project turn in accurate daily activity sheets.
- Responsible for the security and transportation of all equipment and hardware.
Provide accurate information to the Team Project Manager regarding the performance of installers assigned to projects.
- Ensure all work complies with company policies, procedures, standards and conventions.
- Assure each system’s physical completeness is in accordance with installation drawings.
- The Lead Installer is responsible for maintaining their assigned vehicle, equipment inventory, hardware, and all tools.
- Provide supervision of Installers assigned to their projects.
- Ensure all project participants maintain proper safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for each project’s assigned installation team. In doing so, they are responsible for assigning individual responsibilities and maintaining accountability.
- The Lead Installer’s Installation Team will typically consist of the Lead Installer and one Installer level 1 or 2 but may consist of more depending on the nature of individual projects.
- The Lead Installer is responsible for supervising the technicians assigned to his/her project and is accountable for their work quality and quantity.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Five or more years working experience in the A/V field in an installation or field-engineering capacity.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook and basic networking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Webex, Zoom, and other conferencing platforms.
- Experience in the use, configuration, & commissioning of AV equipment including the following systems and manufacturers; (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Audio DSP configuration/commissioning experience (Biamp, BSS/Crown, QSYS)
- Digital video switching, routing, distribution, and display (Crestron, Extron, NEC, Samsung, Sharp)
- Experience in IP network systems as related to audio visual equipment.
- Ability to train and mentor customers on operational procedures of technical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation, technical specifications, drawings, and Gant Charts
- OSHA10 Training or Certification Required (OSHA30 a plus)
- Must possess a valid state-issue Driver’s License.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
This job requires working on job sites that customers require full vaccination for Covid-19. There is no test-out provision. For the foreseeable future, full Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
- Mostly working in at customer work-sites and/or active construction sites.
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time exceeding 60-minutes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Overnight travel as needed < 10%
Potential candidates will be required to pass drug screening and a background check, along with a reference investigation to be considered for placement.
$32.00-$38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday to Friday
- AV Technician experience – 5 years
Two Ways to Apply:
- Apply via the form below
- Apply on Indeed